Friday, August 25, 2017

Passion fruit Mojito



Mojitos are one of my favorite cocktails. It took me a long time to figure out just the right measurements for each drink and now I am adding new flavors. I found this passion fruit puree at cash and carry and now I add it to many different cocktails, ice cream, and even smoothies. 

I made this drink on vacation and they were  a huge hit. I think this fruit is a good addition to a mojito because it is sweet and tart just like the original. 

I'm sorry to say this puree is not easy to find but you can order it on line I believe. 

Ingredients  (per 1 cocktail, double for 2 or triple for 3)

1 1/2 ounce White Rum
1 1/2 Lime
Club Soda
8 Mint Leaves
1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
ice
1/4 ounce Passion fruit puree


Directions

In a shaker add 1/2 lime and 5 mint leaves. Muddle and squeeze lime juice out. Then add rum, squeeze 1 lime, simple syrup, and passion fruit puree. 

In a glass add 3 mint leaves torn up. then fill with ice 3/4 of the glass. Shake ingredients in shaker and pour over ice 3/4 of the way. Top with club soda. stir with straw and serve. 

Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment