Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo



Today was one of those days I didn't have plan for dinner. I didn't feel like cooking but I also didn't want to spend $50-$70 on going out to eat. So I looked in my fridge and saw heavy cream. I immediately looked for Parmesan cheese and realized it was going to be a Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. I have a recipe I found in one of my cooking magazines. I have about 3 different recipes but this I found was the most easy to make and the most delish. Try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients
4 tbs butter
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan
salt and pepper
1 box of fettuccine

Directions
In a large pot with salted water, boil fettuccine pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes depending on the size you have. Drain and reserve about a cup of the water just in case the sauce gets too thick. In another large saute pan melt butter. Add heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Let it come to a simmer and get thicker. Add pasta and about 1 cup Parmesan cheese and toss together. add reserved water if needed.
Boiling pasta can be very easy if you just follow instructions from box or bag. They usually give something like 8-10 minutes or 11-13 minutes. I have learned that in order to get it perfect every time I pick the first number and set my timer. If you are going to add it to the sauce, remove pasta a minute or two earlier than that.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post last night..... This looks so good. I am glad you started this blog, . I love looking at pictures of your delishious dinner dishes on Facebook, now I will have the recipes.
    Yum!
    Kelly S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly. I'm having a great time doing it. I'm sorry you couldn't post last night. I have had a blog for a long time but I always used it for my own private reasons and so I am still learning how to fix all the problems. I appreciate you making comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this is the dish that iam sorry i didnt get to try, im just looking through your blog and i love it!
    the test will be to translate into uk measurements??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marie...please clink the link above and become a follower. I am so sorry I didn't get to make this for you. You must come back so I can. I am dying to have you make Lasagna for me. I wish I could translate for you but I have a hard enough time with US measurements. Keep reading and posting comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making this again, except added chicken this time. Still delicious!

    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying it. It is one of my favorites also. Thanks so much for posting much appreciated

      Delete
  7. I LOVE fettuccine alfredo! It is one of my all-time favorite dishes. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I checked out your blog after we connected on foodbuzz. Great post! I adore Alfredo, and it's been way too long since I've had it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great recipe, this looks super delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I say yummy!! My son hated fettucini before I made this recipe and now he says he loves it and wants more! Thank you Andrea this was delicious and we will continue making it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you and your son loved it. Nothing better than making something and the family loves it too.

      Delete